I've left you hanging regarding my parents blanket. I finished the pattern and really like how it turned out. When I saw them open it I realized that the blanket was not big enough so I took it back and vowed to finish it before they left. They left yesterday and it's not finished. I got a bit bored and abandoned the blanket in favor of cookies, cake and big family dinners. We're seeing my parents again in February for their 30th wedding anniversary so I'll start on it next week.
Ok, on to a more fun topic. 2008 roundup. Needless to say 2008 was a fun year. Actually, in the process of doing this exercise I found myself feeling really thankful and humbled by the great opportunities I have.
Here's a quick recap:
- got married to a wonderful, supportive, funny and cute partner
- went to India
- saw some of my besties get married and have babies - see Caleb below
- learned how to knit on the round
- quit smoking - come to think of it it's almost been a year
- got a promotion
- filled my brain with tons of fun books
- finally bought a fancy pants camera
- got married - it's a big deal so I'll mention it again
What's up for 2009 you ask? Well, well, well at first blush I have some fun logs in the fire.
- start running - possibly run a half marathon with my bestie in May
- register for the NYC marathon - I'm not a serious runner but if I get picked it's meant to be and I'm doing it
- stand in another besties wedding
- help my Dad prep his garden
- attend a few other fun weddings
- successfully make Mike a hat - I spent 8 hours during the holiday's making one that I had to rip apart - it was that bad
- go on a fun girlie trip to Costa Rica
- visit Kanwal and Roz in San Francisco
- go on a honeymoon somewhere fun and exotic with the best hubby a girl could ask for
- learn how to make my own clothes
- make a quilt just for me
- make everyone good presents this year instead of buying stuff - don't worry you won't get a pair of boxer's I made in home-ec
- change email providers - suggestions welcome
- being more realistic about my time - starting with not hitting snooze a zillion times
That's all for now. The picture at the top is of my Dad eating with a tooth pick on New Years Eve at a Japanese restaurant. He brought the tooth pick with him because he doesn't know how to eat with chop sticks. The frightening part is that he's done this before.