Monday, January 4, 2010

HAPPY NEW YEAR


My Mom makes a traditional cake called a vasilopita to celebrate the New Year. She makes it every and it has a coin hidden in it. This year I GOT THE COIN. I'm ashamed to admit that I am fiercely competitive about getting the coin each year and so invested that I can't ever remember getting it fairly. I try hard to hide my brattiness but I just can't. However, this year I told myself to suck it up and not be so crazy. What happened? I devested myself of the outcome and ended up with the coin in my piece of cake. It was quite thrilling to get it fair and square. I still feel bad about being such a psycho at my cousins house last year. Her boyfriend found it and I could not recover my obviously disappointed reaction before I got caught. They are still teasing me about it.

Greek people can be pretty superstitious and I am no expection. I keep creating all of these lovely images like thinking my labour and delivery will be a breeze, the baby will be quiet and well mannered all the time, and my transition from work to home won't really be as busy as I believe it to be. Needless to say I am oozing positivity. Happy New Year. Stay tuned for lots of posting on holiday present crafting.

No comments:

Post a Comment