Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Decorating our forever house

We moved into a new house a few weeks ago.  Mike and I affectionately refer to it as our 'forever house'.  Our goal is to never move.  If we need to add an addition so be it.  Moving is such a pain especially when you're six months pregnant.  Speaking of being pregnant I think my nesting hormone has been released because I have a burning desire to decorate, organize and generally be settled.  The only problem is that Mike needs to paint and every square foot needs a coat.  In an effort to do what I can I decided to take some vacation time from work.  Today marks the first day of three blessed weeks off.  

This is what I was working with.



As you can see the colors on the walls were hideous.  I'm not sure the picture does it justice. 

The weekend we moved in Mike painted the walls a light grey color but we're finding it a bit too bluey.  The undertone really seems to poke through a bit more than we intended.  It could be that our place has no character and the pot lights are blinding.  We've decided to finish decorating then make the decision to make it darker. 

This is a picture of our lifeless living room at the moment.  It's pretty dark and rainy outside so the lighting is not great.  



I'm playing with the color scheme and thought I wanted shades of grey, blue, white, cream, and a mustardy yellow.  I went to designer fabric outlet today and picked up some swatches and realized that mustard yellow clashes with our couch.  Now I'm on the hunt for another accent color.  Any suggestions?

This week my plan is to complete the drapes, pillows, have some of my photographs printed for the wall and find a television stand.  Finding a television stand has not been easy.  Wish me luck.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment