Wednesday, January 6, 2010

HANDMADE HOLIDAY - handkerchiefs

We made a handmade Christmas pledge this year and some of the gifts included handkerchiefs. Ok, I made one a handmade pledge. Mike dedicated himself to our basement renovation. The pledge consisted of making at least all or part of every persons Christmas present on our list. This coupled with the fact that I hate using wrapping paper made the handkerchiefs an excellent prezzie choice.



Mike bought me a serger for my birthday so finishing these were quick and easy. I used three threads on my serger and pulled the lower looper nice and tight. I used some silky thread so the rolled edges feel nice and soft to the touch. I took the Serger Essentials class at the workroom and learned this technique plus a few more good ones. These handkerchiefs were made for our friend/designer, Erin, who helped us figure out a good layout for our basement renovation.


If you don't have a serger I would HIGHLY suggest buying one. I've had so much fun using mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment