Monday, April 13, 2009

if it's not one wedding consuming me it's another

** annoying note: my embedded link button isn't working - see long addresses below)


Last year at this time I was sitting down with my friend Katie who was scolded me for not ticking away at my monster to-do list for the wedding. By 'the wedding' I mean my wedding last year. Now I'm having an affair. Well more like a small and short lived all consuming love affair with my double wedding ring quilt. It's a four week course at my favorite place in Toronto called the workroom (www.theworkroom.ca).

These are my fabric selections. It took me weeks of magazine flipping, visits to the workroom and meandering through lots of little shops on Queen St. Then I walked into Macfab and chucked my grand plans in the garbage. I spent twenty minutes in the store and came out with exactly what I was looking for.



A double wedding ring quilt is made up of teenie arcs. Two hundred and thirty something in total.



Insert another ten or twenty-ish hours from this vantage point below and....



you have something that looks like this (http://www.flickr.com/photos/theworkroom/3427490593/in/set-72157613378896406/). It's a photo of my unfinished quilt.

Stay tuned for more posts.

Sorry for being a crappy blogger. Do you know the feeling of diving into a project and feeling so creatively fulfilled nothing else matters? Poor Mike has let me leave meters of fabric all over our house, pins on the floor and simply turns the tv up a little to drown out my old rickety sewing machine.

1 comment:

  1. I can't keep up with the number of hobbies you take up... Can't wait to see the finished product..

    ReplyDelete